Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 News (Perhaps)

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 is a game I have been anticipating for years. Gamers and nerds know that it has been rumored to be in development forever. Spark Unlimited is a game developer. Rumors have suggested that Spark is working on Star Wars: Battlefront 3 for a while now.

Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Spark Unlimited. Rumors. Rumors are strengthening on the heels of some peculiar tweets from @sparkunlimited on Twitter:

"@spartacus128 Publisher hasn't stated when or where the announcement will take place. The time and place could be close or far, far away."

"@chrisdalton93 The project has been the best on all fronts. From the best we expect the best. I have no doubt this effort will surpass all"

The first tweet really "sparks" my interest (you see that?) with the last few words of "... far, far way". For any Star Wars geek out there that small phrase instantly arouses interest as it hearkens memories of the simple little line that appears before the opening crawl of any Star Wars movie...

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

I mean, if Spark isn't working on a Star Wars title (even if it isn't Battlefront 3) then they are just fucking with us with a tweet like that.

The other tweet raises my eyebrow simply because of the use of the word "front". There's no need to use that word in the sentence that way. I mean, sure there is. But that's just teasing us if it's Battlefront 3, you know?

I've blogged about this rumor before: Spike TV Video Game Awards (UPDATED). Hell, I've blogged about this damn game plenty...

The big announcement (UPDATED) (Saturday, December 12, 2009)
Disappointed (Tuesday, June 22, 2010)
Spike TV Video Game Awards (UPDATED)  (Saturday, December 11, 2010)
Why do I allow myself to get excited? (Monday, June 6, 2011)
Star Wars: Battlefront 3??? (UPDATED) (Thursday, July 21, 2011)

Why do I allow myself to get excited over this? The lack of this game title has been breaking my heart since its predecessor was released on October 31, 2005 (GOOD FUCKING LAWD THAT WAS EXACTLY SIX YEARS AGO!!!).

I say things like:

"How many times have I blogged about the vaporware Star Wars: Battlefront 3? A dozen? How many times has my heart been broken? Every time. Why do I keep letting George Lucas play with my emotions? 'Cause I'm a sucker."

"Fool me once, George Lucas, shame on you. Fool me twice... well, shame on you again. Fool me twelve times? Well, sir... well... super shame on you, you bastard! SHAME!!!"

"I hate to sound like a broken record. Battlefront announcement. Blah blah blah. Could it finally be? Blah blah. Announced? Blah."

"Battlefront 3? Don't get your hopes up, fanboys. I'm a jaded old man that's been burned all too often by that fat bastard George. Dream on!"

"Hahaha! You stupid bitches! The "exciting announcement" was, of course, not Battlefront 3. It was a Star Wars-themed Xbox retailing for $449. Blow me, LucasArts. I can honestly say that I did not, for the first time, get all worked up over the possibility that BF3 was being announced. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 14 times, and maybe I finally learn my lesson. Fuck off, Lucas, you fat fucking Hutt!"

These are the words of a silly boy who will never learn his lesson - like the nerdy kid who keeps asking the prom queen out on dates and never gets the hint when she is always busy (and just too nice to tell him to stop). I hate you Star Wars... I love you Star Wars!!!!

88.25% | 173.97 lbs. (168.8 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 83.56% (305 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: