Saturday, December 11, 2010

Spike TV Video Game Awards (UPDATED)

I'm sitting here watching the Spike TV Video Game Awards. As I mentioned almost the exact same time last year, I wouldn't normally go out of my way to watch the show. But tonight, as I was this time last year, I am waiting/hoping for a special announcement.

Once again Star Wars Battlefront 3 has been rumored to be announced. Rumors over at battlefront3.net and other sites are pointing virtual fingers at Infinity Spark as the developer (with LucasArts as the publisher I would imagine). We're 90 minutes into the scheduled 2 hours and nothing yet. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was announced and Will will be stoked about that.

This Battlefront 3 debacle (in the sense that a follow-up to the highly-acclaimed and successful - I'm not making that up... I read it somewhere) has been going on for so long and the game's development has switched hands so many times that a wiki page for Star Wars: Battlefront III actually redirects to a page devoted to its muddled history and rumors.

I'm crossing every finger I have for good news. I'd hate to be disappointed yet again :(

DISAPPOINTING YET EXPECTED UPDATE: Well, I guess I don't even really have to say it. Crickets.

No comments: