Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Still a blur today (Great News*)

Wake up call! Will forgot his backpack. So much for sleeping in and getting a haircut. Shower. Drive to Hatler. Pick up backpack. How do you forget a backpack? Drive to St. X. Drop off backpack. Late for work. Morning tea and oatmeal. Busy, busy. Work on query. Interrupted by Infrastructure. Denial of Service attack? Bah! No way. Not from Oil. Interrupted by QA. Alert Tool down. OH CRAP! Fixed. Interrupted by hunger. Lunchtime. Bazos with Hills, Sneaks, and Amrita. Back to work. Query. Nasty query. Debes has no help (but offers a nice suggestion). Nastier query. Eddie steps in to help. Eddie steps back. Final query works but isn't that pretty. Great news*. Leave work. Pick up dry-cleaning. Change. Drive to Hatler. Grab Will. Go to Oxmoor. Go to Apple Store. No need to talk to Geniuses. Problem solved. Pick up gift. Grab Skyline. Eat. Talk with Jooj. Observant kid. Hang with Will. Watch video game play. Watch YouTube videos. Epic Rap Battles of History! Leave. Drop off blues. Would you fucking believe that it is still raining?!?!?! Drive home. Rachel texting me, trying to get me to come out. Jooj texting me, Jack fell down the steps. Just want this day to end so I can go to bed. Sweet dreams. Get home. Manscape. Shower. Finally convince Rachel that I'm not coming out. Catch up on blogging. Pack. Oh shit, it's 1:13am!

Still a blur today. I just don't feel like I'm catching up. And yet do I stop? No. No, I don't. Does something have to give? Perhaps. Not certain yet. Must. Keep. Going.

* My BFF at work put in her two-week notice last week, making this effectively her last week. Well, nothing is set in stone yet, but it appears that she may be around a wee bit longer. If things go her way, she'll be working three days a week for at least the next couple of months. With so much going on in my life - so much in flux, in motion, in a blur - it's comforting to know that I'll have one of my rock solid supports around just a wee bit longer.

80.01% | 173.53 lbs. (168.6 lbs.) | 20% (10 of 50) | 91.23% (333 of 365)

No comments: