Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am not the bad guy

So I'm hearing through the grapevine that people are giving Jooj advice. This advice, from what I understand, is well-intended and meant to put her in a position where she protects herself. I appreciate the people that are looking out for her. She needs your support.

I do ask that you try and remember that I loved her dearly for 5 years and that I do not bear her any ill will now. In fact, I hope only the best for her. I want to be a positive influence in the kids' lives. I want to make certain that Kels gets the college experience she deserves. I want to make certain she gets the Civic. And I want Jooj to be financially secure all along the way. She and I worked many hours on 5 drafts of a budget that we finally agreed to - and it is fair to both of us while allowing us to save money in the case we take a loss on the house. Mortgage and bills are paid for. Car payments are made. Tuition is paid. She stays in the house until it's sold. Jooj has her own account and still has full access to our joint account. I'm paying the bills but she has full access to see everything I do. I am not trying to hide anything.

I believe all of this is very fair. Is it possible that I'll be a jerk and screw her over? Sure. But I'm not. And I'd like people to suspend their disbelief long enough to give me a chance to prove that. I've been going out to the house as often as I can to do what I can around the house (granted, I've been sick and my effort has been minimal recently), with the pets, or to hang out with Will. I don't want to drive the Civic but I am hanging onto it until I can get it in Kelsey's hands. Kelsey's tuition? Nothing else needs to be said about that.

I am not Jooj's enemy and I am not your enemy. I've done everything I can to adhere to Jooj's wishes. It is unfortunate that things are happening as they are. But I am not the bad guy in this, nor do I want to do any harm to anyone. My living situation is not ideal. I am making sacrifices to ensure that things work out as smoothly as possible between us. I do this for the everyone else's sake. I just want to do the right thing - or at least the closest thing to the right thing.

Some assumptions have been made about the cryptic nature of my recent blogs posts. I think it's easy to assume the worst. I can't blame anyone for jumping to conclusions. But I do ask that you resist. I've been doing everything I can to stay busy and to have fun. In many cases this type of fun is adult fun - not necessarily something that needs to be detailed in a public blog.

So please don't demonize me. Sides are picked during things like this. But they don't have to be diametrically opposing sides. If Jooj and I can be friendly I am hoping that there may be some gray area instead of absolute black and white. But if you have to make me out to be the villian - if you just have to make me out to be the bad guy who takes the blame for the whole darn thing - then do it. All I ask in return is that you be there for Jooj that much more intently and that you love her with as much hate as you hold for me.

85.17% | 173.64 lbs. (???.? lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 89.32% (326 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: