Saturday, November 12, 2011

3:56 AM

Last night (well, and technically this morning - as in just now) there was a planned outage at work. I was going to be around and volunteered to help out. The outage was scheduled to begin at 6:30 and was expected to take 4 hours. Things started and progressed as scheduled. But then something happened. The outage window came and went. I stood by, waiting to make my moves. A few minutes after midnight I snapped to attention (I had dozed off). It was time!

Starts. Restarts. Checking. Restarting. Production servers first. Then QA. Troubleshooting continued for the next four hours. We left things in a stable state and I logged off at 3:56 AM. Long night at the office!

88.25% | 173.74 lbs. (???.?? lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 86.57% (316 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: