Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for family. I am thankful for loving parents, for an adoring niece and nephew, and for a great sister and brother-in-law.

Today I am thankful for extended family. I am thankful for their assurance and their compassion.

Today I am thankful for friends. I am thankful for my fellow adventurers and for friends of yesteryear.

Today I am thankful for the ability to smile in the face of these unsure days. I am thankful for the little moments. I am thankful for the funny moments. I am thankful for the neat moments.

Today I am thankful for Kels and Will. They took time out of their day with their mom and their dad to stop by and drop in on me and my fam. I love you guys.

Today I am still thankful for the family that I no longer can call my own. I am thankful that I was a loving husband to Jooj. I am thankful that I was a fun uncle to five lovely nieces and one spectacular nephew. I hope I had a positive impact in your lives during my time.

So there are plenty of things to lament over, to mourn, to cry about. But these things are not things that I need to dwell on today. What I choose to celebrate are the things I mentioned above - the things and people and friends and family that I am thankful for. I love you all.

85.17% | 173.60 lbs. (168.2 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 89.86% (328 of 365)

No comments: