Saturday, December 12, 2009

The big announcement (UPDATED)

Spike TV's Video Game Awards show is in 1 hour. I normally wouldn't care. I mean, I'd watch it if I thought about it and nothing else was going on. But tonight, I'm going to be glued to it. Why? I'm glad you asked (er, rather, I'm glad I postulated the question in my monologue).

Tonight LucasArts is going to announce the next Star Wars video game title. Well, more importantly, they are going to announce what the next game is going to be. There is heavy speculation that the game will be called "Star Wars: Legends" already, based on patent and copyright papers filed some time ago. But what is unclear, and the object of my interest, is what kind of game it will be.

Will and I both love the Star Wars: Battlefront game series. I don't know how many, but I do know that he and I have logged some *serious* time playing each of the first two - even before Jooj and I met I had put in some heavy-duty time. So we both have our fingers crossed for that.

Some have suggested a new X-wing game. Or maybe a new TIE fighter game. Maybe it will be a sequel to the popular Force Unleashed game. Who knows? (well, I mean, besides the whole world in an hour and some change)

UPDATE: The game will be Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. Hmm... weak. The trailer was kind of cool. But I didn't play the first. Will blew through it. It looked like a button-masher. Will and I are both disappointed but we'll survive.

No comments: