Sunday, November 27, 2011

Easy Day, Unbelievable Ending

Woke up early. Showered. Went down to Toast. Picked up George. Drove to the new Toast. Dropped off Cliffie. Helped clean up some leaks from the ceiling. Came back home. Switched out car. Met Kelsey at Hatler to wish her off. Ran over to Melisssss' house to feed the pets. Sounds like a busy day so far, eh? The first few hours of the day were. The next fourteen hours were easy peasy.

Sat around. Played a bit. Smiled. Relaxed. Helped with some Christmas decorations. Had some laughs. Meant to go to Trader Joe's. Drove around in the rain instead. What a gloomy day. Gloom. Glooooooooom. Had a serious talk with my BFF. Helped out around the house. Made dinner plans. Salmon, greens, and roasted sweet potatoes. DELICIOUS! And dessert? Stroopwafels!!! Are you fucking kidding me?!?!? (No, no I am not) Had a few drinks. Sat around for a bit. Chitting and/or chatting. Time got away from me.

Then I realized that I may be in trouble. The night was supposed to end with dinner. And end early. One drink led to two which may or may not have led to a third - I can't remember. Either way, the good times continued until it was getting a little too late. Since it was *supposed* to be an early evening I had left my house key at the house. Once I realized this I sped home... to a dark house with locked doors... in the cold... in the rain... with no key to the house and no key to Hatler and no key to work. I was soooooooooooooooooooo fucked!!! And I had to pee.

So I stood there under the awning, trying to think of anything I could do other than sleep in my damn car. I held my phone and stared at it, ready to text someone - anyone - who could deliver a miracle. Call the house? No way. I fear the wrath of mom like I fear the wrath of Khan!

Then dad's face appeared through the window in the door. ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME??? He hadn't gone to bed just yet. He had been on the third floor, brushing his teeth, looking out the window, when he saw my headlights reflect off the neighbor's house. He thought to himself, "I bet that's Eric." I haven't wanted to kiss my dad since... well, shit, I don't ever remember wanting to kiss my dad :)

I slept like a baby and have never been happier to be in my little dinky room on the third floor!

80.01% | 173.56 lbs. (170.0 lbs.) | 20% (10 of 50) | 90.68% (331 of 365)

No comments: