Monday, May 2, 2011

Strange Good (Fact: 1/3 of 2011 is behind us)

Maybe it's the lack of sleep I've been getting. Maybe the news of bin Laden really jolted something in my mind, body, and spirit. Maybe I'm hard-wired into the economy and it's on the upswing, thereby taking me with it. Maybe I'm full of Bantha poodoo. But I'm feeling strange in the head these days. Not "strange bad", strange *GOOD*.

It was nearly 10 years ago that, in the wake of the emotional wound we all suffered after the attacks of September 11th, I got off my artistic ass and cranked out episodes of a webtoon by the name of Pink Panda. I am feeling that feeling again and I think it is going to be the catalyst for getting me off my artistic ass again and doing my long-discussed-but-never-implemented comic idea. Just maybe. Like I said, my head is feeling strange these days.

So I'm going to start writing down ideas tomorrow. I'm going to finish Matt's web site. I need to get that monkey off my back and do him right. I'm going to paint more. I have pieces I need/want to finish. I'm going to buy a big ass ladder and go clean my gutters. We're going to pay off some bills. And I mean it. And my SEX Scheme is starting... soon. I mean it. I'll explain what that *really* means once I start.

This isn't a brand new me. It's just a slightly stranger, possibly sleep-deprived, highly motivated, creatively charged me. Woohoo!

100% | 173.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 33.42% (122 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: