Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sitting in the ER

I was going to blog about how I went on a tour today with a few people from work to check out the facility of the Home of the Innocents. I was going to explain how I previously didn't have a very good impression of the organization based on first-hand knowledge of some of their staff. And then I was going to explain how absolutely impressed I was by Gordon Brown, the president, and his state-of-the-art campus now. I was going to brag about how awesome I believe their program to be. That was my intention before I played my soccer game at 11pm.

Now I'm sitting in a room in the ER, pecking away left-handed, waiting on Xray results. I saved a shot in the first half of the game and my hand felt very... odd afterward. I took my glove off and my stomach flipped as I saw my finger. My middle finger on my right hand was bent backward at the first knuckle. Really gross looking! Gnarly stuff!!!

I drove home, stripped and showered, threw clothes back on, showed Will, grabbed my laptop, drove to the ER, and now I'm waiting. They won't give me pain meds 'cause I drove myself. Damn their eyes!!!

I can feel my heart pounding in my finger. That's probably not normal.

100% | 175 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 41.37% (151 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: