Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the Fourth be with you

So today a "major" announcement is being made at 9am on starwars.com, specifically on the May the Fourth Be With You page. Some have speculated that it will be news regarding the long-awaited Battlefront 3. I highly doubt it. I doubt it on precedent alone but also because the Blu-Ray logo is popping up on the announcement page. We'll find out shortly...

UPDATE: So 9am rolled around and brrrrrpp, server error. Then another server error. MySQL connection error. Brrrrrrp. Mrrrrrp. Error. Ridiculous, web and server guys. Simply ridiculous.

UPDATE: The page is kind of working. It has no formatting and is asking me for my country. I choose it. But then brrrrrrp. Mrrrrrp. Error! Silly bitches.

UPDATE: I guess the server load of 100,000 geeks and nerds clicking buttons all at once was just too much to handle. Now the whole site is redirecting to the web site for 20th Century Fox. If I wasn't convinced the announcement had something to do with the movies then I am now.

UPDATE: So I'm in, but now I have to link to their page with my Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts to "share" enough and build up some "share" value so that it unlocks what the (previously broken) page is supposed to show me. This is utter bullshit.

UPDATE: Why do you play with my emotions like this George? The page has been unlocked for the US. And all it has is some artwork and announcement of what will be on the 9-disc Blu-Ray that has already been previously announced to come out in September. Meh. What a bunch of hype for nothing.

Thanks George Lucas. And by "thanks", I actually mean "Fuck off".

100% | 174 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 33.97% (124 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: