Monday, May 16, 2011

Dinner and Family (and ice cream cake)

Celebrated Will graduating from 8th grade at my mom and dad's with my side of the family. She had appetizers, lasagna, salad, and (most importantly) ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Rock on!

Some things to consider with his impending "last days before high school"...

* No more Lunchables. He's going on a meal plan at St. X. Kelsey is going away to college. I'm done spending too much money buying too many damn Lunchables.

* No more waking up at 6:45am. Granted, this may only be a summer reprieve. I'm not sure what time St. X starts. But at least I have the summer off.

* New bed time. He's been pushing so hard to stay up later. It's a known fact that he is a grumppopotamus when he doesn't get 8 hours of sleep. With puberty gearing up and hormones pumping through his veins he needs that sleep that much more. Dare I say we'll let him stay up 'til 11pm? His grades may turn out to be the deciding factor.

* Man-to-man speeches. He and I have had very few of these so far - at least compared to his sister. It'll be interesting to watch him grow and to share my wisdom as he learns life lessons.

I'm sure there is much, much more to come. I'm excited for him and a little scared... but more for myself than him!!!

100% | 175.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 37.26% (136 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: