Saturday, May 21, 2011

Golf Scramble

Yesterday was Genscape's Golf Scramble out at Nevel Meade. In a nutshell, we had a blast!

The weather was nice. The company was good (my team consisted of Hillary, Duffy, O'Leary, and me). The food kept coming. The beer was cold. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

The night before I ran to Goodwill and picked up some appropriate attire (by some standards). And then later than night I finished off my outfit when I went to Walmart to buy a cooler and glove. I was one-upped by Hillary, however, as she rocked out matching lavender and orange argyle knee-highs and shirt. She won Closest to the Pin for a Female as well as the impromptu Best Dressed. The angel that she is (oh, she can be a devil too... that's what I love about her) bestowed the Best Dressed award to yours truly. I'm, in turn, going to pass it along to dad who is much more suited to spend it at the Nevel Meade pro shop than I.

Afterward, we zipped over to Captains Quarters for the after-party. I had a quick beer but knew my time there was to be short-lived. I had a lawn at home waiting to be cut. And my tribe (wife and boy) needed their leader (the sucker who drives to get things) to do some hunting (grab some Taco Bell) while they gathered (waited).

On a sad note, Randy "The Macho Man" Savage died after suffering a heart attack and losing control of his Jeep Wrangler.

"Ohhhhh YEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

100% | 175.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 38.36% (140 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: