Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Vikings didn't suck this season...

... their opponents were just too good.

I say that because the NFC Championship today was won by the Vikings arch-rival, the Greenbay Packers. And who did the Packers have to beat to become NFC Champions? That's right - the Bears. The NFC Championship was between two fellow NFC North teams. So it could be safe to say that the two *best* teams in the NFC this season were the Bears and the Packers (if not "safe" to say then at least not a terrible stretch to say).

So, as a Vikings fan, should I feel so bad that *FOUR* of my losses during the regular season came at the hands of the two *BEST* teams in the NFC? That 6-10 record doesn't really look all that bad had those four games gone our way - 10-6. Yeah, I like that a lot more.

So, while this season was filled with drama and firings and loss, I don't see the season as a total wash. Will next year be a rebuilding year? Hells yeah. But will it be as bad as this year? I don't know... and honestly, I don't think it will.

23 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 175.71 lbs. (173 lbs.) | 47.92% | 4.726% (8.8 lbs.)

No comments: