Saturday, January 8, 2011

It was the best of news. It was the worst of news.

I got two calls from Kesley today.

"Guess who got into college?" was how the first one started. I knew she would. But she was fretting. And Jooj was fretting. So I was, by default, having to deal with two fretting gals - it fretted me. But, like I said, I knew she would. So I wasn't surprise but I was very proud and so, so happy to hear the relief in her voice.

Later in the day another call came through. Someone broke into her car and stole her iPod. Ugh. Seriously? You messed with my little grrrl? I passed the phone to Jooj to shower Kels with motherly love. Through their conversation I learned that her Monster cable had been snagged too. Weak. I immediately offered mine as a replacement. And the perp had trashed her car. SUPER BUMMER!

But then my eyebrow raised when Kels went on to tell Jooj that her registration and glove box had been ripped to shreds? Huh? Why would a thief, whose main concern besides the score is subterfuge, spend time doing that? My old Jeep had been broken into 4 times over the years. Sure, things were tussled about but never maliciously torn up. Maliciously... right? As if it were personal, right? My gut tells me this was someone she knows. Wickedly, super terrible.

Congrats Kels! Sorry Kels. What a meh day on average.

8 of 365 | 0 of 50 | 0 of 128 | 177 lbs. | 17.18%

No comments: