Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So many weight-related posts these days

A big reason I attribute to allowing me to win the Biggest Loser last year was the calorie and fat counting I did for each meal. I followed it to the letter. I was strict. I like to number-crunch so it makes sense that I was able to stick to it. But I had to enter all of the nutritional information myself. I had to read off the side or off the bag in each case and manually insert it. It was tedious but necessary. No more!

A fella at work showed me myFitnessPal.com a while back. I had stopped tracking nutritional information but tucked that gem away in case I needed to. Well, the need is here and I'm in, baby. This thing did everything I did on my own, while making it easier, plus more! I'm now tracking cholesterol. And I can "earn" calories back by exercising. This little puppy should help me maintain the healthy diet that I'll need to be in contention.

I'm mucking with my footer a tad more too. I'm still keeping my daily weight (in parentheses). But more importantly, I'm keeping a running average of my weight for the year. I think as I make progress on my other categories I will also convert them to percentages.

12 of 365 | 0 of 50 | 0 of 128 | 176.29 lbs. (178 lbs.) | 17.18% | 0.00% (0 lbs.)

No comments: