Thursday, August 4, 2011

This and That - Thursday Edition

Mom is home! Her 3+ week tour of England, Ireland, and Scotland ended when she touched down in Dulles earlier this afternoon. Dad, Melisssss, and the lil' kids met her at the airport. She is very happy to be home. I'll get more stories from her and see pictures when I see her soon. I do know that she saw "Wicked" at The Apollo in London last night. Sounds like fun!

The Dow Jones industrial average dropped more than 500 points today - pretty much everything it has gained in 2011. Massive. Is the global economy grinding to a halt? Is it time to panic? Does this mark the beginning of the end? Yes. Kidding, it doesn't (I am nodding my head that it does). No, no, no. I'm kidding, it really doesn't (I am still nodding and my eyes are very wide, indicating that I am, in fact, not joking). Hahaha! I'm really just kidding (pssst, no I'm not!).

The scale is broken. Jooj thought that banging it on the floor would be the best way to fix it. It turns out that actually is not.

The gate on the driveway has been fixed. Raatz came out today and "adjusted" it. Over the course of the summer the one side has been dragging on the ground - due to ground swelling or wood warping. I've been feeling like Magnus Magnusson from the Strongman competition when it comes to lifting that gate open. RAWR!

Got an email today that the door code at work was changing. Ruh-roh, Raggy! That normally means someone was being walked out. Sure enough, the "farewell and good luck" email came out shortly thereafter. Turned out to be someone I don't really know too well. Don't know the story.

Wet band-aids are GROSS!

So Jürgen Klinsmann is the new head coach of the United States Mens National Soccer Team. *THE* Jürgen Klinsmann?!? No kidding? I just found this out today. I guess that was announced while I was on vacay. I remember watching Klinsmann play for Tottenham, Bayern, and the German national team back in the day. He was a machine! Very, very interesting.

Work has settled down a bit. Not quite as intense. Not quite as buzzy. My head isn't spinning and it's on straight. Still magical - in its own special way. Knowing that I have that magic to walk into helps get me out of bed in the morning.

Genscape FFL is gearing up. I don't know if Mike wants to co-own a team this season or not. I told the commissioner that we did, barring his approval. Let's go <INSERT NAME OF FUTURE FFL TEAM>!!!

What am I going to do about the comic book? One of my four main characters is off to college next week. I will not be able to finish it - even if I can somehow manage to start it. I've made some good progress this year - some good character development and some great story building. I've reached out to plenty of people and have secured some of the roles I want. I did lose another character when my friend Silver moved to New Mexico. And I still want to work on it. But I can say for certain that it will be be done this year, so that resolution will not be met. Do I keep it down there at "0% (0 of 128)"? That's kind of lame. I'll need to think about this a little further.

Geezle, I meant for this to be a short post. It's almost 1AM again and I'm still typing. I've gotta get some sleep...

100% | 174.605 lbs. (??? lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 16% (8 of 50) | 59.18% (216 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: