Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back to school shopping!

Woke up this morning. Fed dogs, cats, lizards, and fish. Went running with Jooj. Cut down limbs on the Magnolia. Patched the corner of the gutter. Filled the fish pond with new water. Loaded the car with stuff bound for Soos' house. All this before 11AM? After that it was time to rock and roll.

Went to Target. Went to Kohls. Ate at Tumbleweed. Went to Shoe Carnival. Went to Sam's. Went to Preston Art Center in New Albany. Jooj and I burned through some cash today, to say the least!

Who was the big winner of the Back to School shopping spree? Me. Easily. New running clothes from Target. Zipper tie for a costume for the comic from Kohls. We ate at Tumbleweed (always a win). Picked up two new pairs of shoes at Shoe Carnival. Sam's has the diet green tea that Jooj and I love. And I *racked* up at Preston's (going out of business means big savings for Mr. Brinley). Who's going back to school? Not me, but I still came out ahead.

Among the booty we hauled in today was a new bathroom scale. Looks like I'll have numbers to replace those three question marks down in the footer.

I've also removed the progress on my comic from the footer. It is clear to me that I will not be able to complete it by the end of the year. I am working on it and will continue to do so. But I don't need that "0% (0 of 128)" staring at me everyday. What a drag, right?

Lastly, I overhauled the budget I had already setup for 2012. I know it's a ways away but I just wanted to know where we stand a year from now. It's looking like 2012 might be a somewhat boring year filled with debt repayment. We'll manage to have some fun and get some projects done, to be sure. And if we stick to the budget we'll be in great shape going into 2013 :)

100% | 174.605 lbs. (??? lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 59.73% (218 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: