Saturday, October 22, 2011

I am thinking of you, <INSERT NAME HERE>

I have a friend... whose father is hanging onto life. His fight with cancer has concluded and the time for peace is approaching. During this period of waiting I simply cannot imagine what their family members' bodies and minds are going through as they anxiously await the moment for it all to end. I am thinking of you.

I have a friend... who is expecting their first child today. I am so excited for the new life that is about to enter this world and am convinced that my friend will be a wonderful parent. I haven't heard yet so I don't think the birth is happening. Hopefully it all happens fast - for everyone's sake. I am thinking of you.

I have a friend... who is dealing with adjusting to a new situation at home during a tough transition over the coming months. I am proud of their spouse and I know that my friend has the strength to get through this. Keep your head up and take it one day at a time. I am thinking of you.

I have a friend... who will likely be facing a choice to move out of town, perhaps out of the country, in order to allow their spouse to accept an expected promotion. It's a tough spot. They don't want their spouse to not take the promotion and give the impression that upward momentum is not something they are interested in. But leaving home, no matter how far, is a tough call to make. I am thinking of you.

I have a friend... who is having trouble with their spouse. I know they love each other very much. But my friend is questioning their marital resolve. The situation is complicated further by the two small children they share. I just want what's best and for my friend to be happy. I am thinking of you.

I have a friend... who is recovering from gallbladder surgery and still doesn't feel like they are quite back into the swing of things. Just kidding! That's me :)

88.25% | 174.21 lbs. (168.8 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 80.82% (295 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: