Monday, October 24, 2011

Farewell, Papa Hayden... O Hai, Wee Baby Logan

Wow, the Lawd giveth and the Lawd taketh away. I saw the circle of life happen in the last 24 hours. Papa Hayden found peace after his long, hard battle with cancer. At the hospital across the street, the wee baby Logan made his way into the world.

Farewell, Papa Hayden. You were a good man. You've left behind good kids. You have good grandkids that will help carry on your legacy. You will be missed but the Hayden clan is strong. They will survive. They will tell stories about you for many years to come. You will live on in our memories. They will find comfort in that. Comfort, something I hope you have found. And I hope you have found peace. I hope you've gone home - wherever that place may be.

O hai, wee baby Logan! I don't know too many details but it sounds like you gave your mommy and daddy a bit of a scare. I know I hoped for the best when your daddy wasn't at work today. But then word came that things weren't going as well as we had hoped. We waited to bug your daddy as long as we could but I broke down and had to plead with someone to text your daddy to check in on you. Last we heard you were just about out of the woods, and I'm happy to hear it. I hope you enjoy everyday of your life of ups and downs ahead of you. Make your mommy and daddy proud.

Carbon-based lifeforms... funny things. Rise up from dust. Burn ever so brightly. Return to dust. So goes it.

88.25% | 174.18 lbs. (168.8 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 80.37% (297 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: