Sunday, July 31, 2011

I am going to win.

Still a little sick. Just don't feel "right". But I'll live (I always do).

Got back into a little more of a weekend routine. Went to Target. Went to Feeder's. Went to lunch. Took Jooj shopping. Got a call from work...

Yeah.

So a lot of shit went down last week. Sounds like it's going to be an interesting day tomorrow.

Oh, and did I mention that this will be my first day back without our Senior Java Developer?

Oh, and did I also mention that this will be the first day with our new CEO?

Oh, and did I lastly mention that... hmm, no, just those first two.

Life at work is going to be hard. Morale is low in my team right now. There is silent infighting within our group. Whispers of threats are being made. There is not-so-silent outfighting* outside our group. Grumblings and rumblings abound.

The coming months will test me. Test my meddle. Test my resolve. Test my tenacity. And if I pass these tests what will I earn? Promotion? Bonus? Employee of the Year? Possibly all of these things. Probably none of these things. But I will tell you one thing I am guaranteed to earn if I come out of this thing the victor. Respect. And I will have another war story to share with colleagues, peers, friends, children, and grandchildren. A story that shows how one man can use his wits and work ethic to prove to be an exemplar of stoic resolution in the face of a great adversary.

Pray for me. Wish me well. Pat me on the back. Playtime is over. I am going to war. And I am going to win.

* Holy smokes! Outfighting is actually a word? I'm tucking that away and pulling it out again later.

100% | 174.57 lbs. (178.0 lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 16% (8 of 50) | 58.08% (212 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: