Saturday, July 2, 2011

2011 - Halfway point!

I would like to use this post to check up on how my New Years resolutions are coming along.

1. Pay off the Chase Visa this year. - DONE.

2. Stay below 175 lbs. I started Biggest Loser last year at 188. I ended at 164. I've since put 10 pounds back on (it took 10 months so it isn't too bad but still a trend I want to reverse). - I'd like to calculate this better than just tracking my weight and looking at the numbers go up and down. That's not really telling me much.

3. Finish (hell, begin!) work on my comic book idea. It will be a blast putting it together. It will be a huge accomplishment for me (that will more than likely never amount to anything other than points in pride). And Granny would've loved it. I'm thinking of a 4-part mini-series at 32 pages each. Woo... that sounds like a lot. Wish me luck. - This is the one I'm worried about. It will be an undertaking. The ideas are in my head. Outlines have been written. Storyboards have not. Kelsey, one of my stars, has only weeks left in town before college. I'm doing what I can to get momentum going but this one may be tough to pull off.

4. Paint 50 pieces in 2011. That sounds crazy but I know it's doable. I've painted 100 pieces over the last few years and I've done it at a very leisure pace. If anything, it could get a wee bit expensive. However, I'm going to start off in good shape as I kick off this resolution with six pieces I'm finishing this week. - Painting took a back seat for a while. I hit a lull and didn't try to pull myself out of it. But work is on the way and I'm getting psyched. I don't think I'll have any issue meeting this goal.

5? Blog more. I don't really know what that means. I was thinking initially everyday. But that's a lot. And I may even bore myself at that rate. Not sure on that one. - So far so good. It's been fun too. While I may not have so much to say every single day I have surprised myself by mostly coming up with something or another each day.

100% | 175.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 50.17% (183 of 365) | 112/50/20 lbs

No comments: