Thursday, July 28, 2011

Isle of Palms - Day 4

Drink of the Day - None :(

HAPPY 17th BIRFDAY, PATRICK!

Woke up to the fam making a totally kick-ass breakfast. I love food. I love breakfast. And I love breakfast food the most. Sausage, bacon, spicy hashbrowns, biscuits, and eggs. OMVG it was out of this world! Jooj wanted to do some shopping afterward so we made plans to go to Target and this store called Oops.

Oops. It was described to me as this cool place that carries overstocked, name-brand items. In my mind I imagined something the size of Dick's filed with all sorts of goods. What we drove up to was anything but that. It was tiny. And kind of cheap. It totally had a Goodwill vibe going on. I wanted to run out the moment I walked in. But I hung out for a while and let the grrrls do their mandatory pick and perusal. But time was wastin' and I didn't have much shopping left in me after taking that hit. Off to Target we ran (where we spent some dinero but had fun as a family doing it).

Later on we drove to Shem Creek to take a ride on The Thriller. Imagine speed boating, loud rock music, and a history tour - wrap it around a bright yellow boat with twin engines - and that is The Thriller. It was surprisingly fun and a welcome addition to the week's activities. I got soaked and the sea spray stung my face as it pelted us at 57 mph. Great times!

Dinner followed immediately after at Red's Ice House. I changed in the van* before heading in. I was honored by being sat between Will and the birfday boy. They both put down a pound of crab each. I could've put down a pound of those jalapeno hush puppies if no one had been paying attention. Muwahahahaha!

We came back to the house and settled in after celebrating with cake. Kels and I had talked about watching Fight Club with Will and Caroline. In fact, earlier in the day, she and I both picked up Fight Club shirts at Target. I managed to convince the fam to watch it with us. I think everyone liked it. I wanted to make sure that Will and Caroline did and they claimed to. Will wanted to stay up with me and talk about it afterwards so we did.

Lastly, and very much randomly, can I just say how much I adore Leigh Anne when she emphasizes the enunciation of her T's? It's the little things that make me smile.

* It is a very odd feeling to be naked in a van in a public parking lot. It felt all so wrong!

100% | 174.55 lbs. (???.? lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 16% (8 of 50) | 56.99% (208 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: