Monday, July 11, 2011

Burger King FAIL

I can officially remove Burger King from my "Where Shall We Eat Tonight?" list. Tonight's meal was the worst ever.

Will and I walked in with appetites to sate. I ordered the Angry Whopper meal and he ordered some A1 Steakhouse XT Burger (I don't even know what the vike that is) meal. We also ordered a slice of pie. My diet Coke tasted a little weird but I am not one to judge a meal based off syrup-to-carbonated-water ratios.

I opened up my Angry Whopper and dug in. The picture, as should be expected, was quite a bit more impressive than the sammich I had in my hands. As I started to tear into it Will threw his down.

"I can't eat this."

Turns out Will's sammich was slathered in sauce and mayo and other stuff he didn't want. I told him to wipe it off. He did and picked at it before circumventing the fries and going straight for the pie (I saw no sharing of the pie in my future).

The fries. What pieces of shit. They may have been good at some point but these poor husks of fried potatoes were bone dry from a long day of heat lamp exposure. They weren't good. And the ketchup, if this is even possibly, tasted sour. I opted out of fry consumption.

So all I had left was this Angry Whopper. It was advertised as a spicy Whopper. It differed in that it had jalapenos, onion straws, and some sort of angry sauce. Well, it did have those things, but it also suffered from the slathering problem that Will's sammich suffered from. And not only was it sloppy, it was a bit puny and quite *not* angry - maybe I could go so far as call it sad. It was no Angry Whooper - it was a Sad/Sloppy Whopper... a SLOPPER!!

But I was a good sport, and quite hungry, so I ate all my sammich. I tried Will's and it was horrible. The fries were inedible. He scarfed the pie down. And the after-dinner breath mints kicked ass. But overall I give this experience a FAIL.

King, I will laugh at your creepy commercials, but I will no longer be allowing your fare in my gullet.

100% | 177.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 52.60% (192 of 365) | 112/55 lbs

No comments: