Thursday, July 14, 2011

Four Years (A Day to Remember)

This has certainly been a day to remember.

Most importantly, it was four years ago today that my wife Jooj and I exchanged wedding vows. The saying is true about time flying when you are having fun because these last four years have just flown by. We've married. We've moved. We have a kid going to college. We have a kid going into high school. I look forward to many more years with Jooj and I love her as much as I did on that special day.

The morning also started with a bang when we saw the total bill from Murray State for Kelsey's Fall 2011 semester. We had calculated a pretty good (but slightly conservative) estimate. In the last week or so, without any concrete numbers to calm our anxiety, we've calculated a "worst case" number. I am happy to share that the actual cost, when divided into the monthly payments, is $50 less than my initial estimate. Yay (and damn I'm good)!

Lastly, I logged onto CoH tonight. I spammed the Applicant channel for the Twilight Avengers (as I always do). A few members exchanged greetings with me but told me they were holding a meeting. I ran a mission and went to the market. After a while two members invited me to a team and asked me to meet them. I did. One of the members, Grim Maligne, I've "known" for quite some time. They were asking me a bunch of questions about my experience and stuff. And then finally asked, "Are you sure you want to be a Twilight Avenger?" I answered, "Yes, certainly!" They told me we were going to run a mission and took me around a building... where the entire super group was waiting to celebrate and congratulate me for becoming their newest member. It was nerdy, geeky, and corny but it was also pretty Viking cool. Will was sitting next to me when it happened and I was happy he was able to share that moment with me.

It was definitely a good day :)

100% | 174.42 lbs. (177.5 lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 53.42% (195 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: