Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Isle of Palms - Day 3

Drink of the Day - The Jim Taylor

Golf Scramble Day! We woke up to a massive thunderstorm and I thought that golfing may be off. But no. We golfed. In the rain. It was fun but it was also miserable. But believe it or not, our team actually won the damn thing! Our final score was two over and that was enough to beat out everyone else. Amazing!

The afternoon was pretty lazy. The showers were still spitting a bit but the sun did manage to peek out from time to time.

We headed to Poe's Tavern for dinner with Susu's family. It was a blast! The place was pretty much a hole in the wall but the food was spectacular and the bar pretty much had all my favorite beers on tap. My favorite thing was the bathrooms. The walls were covered with pages of short stories and poems by Edgar Allen Poe. What a fun place!

After dinner we pulled together and played a massive game of flip cup. It was quite a sight. Only this family, I tell you :)

After getting properly sauced, Jooj and I volunteered to take the nieces up to The Windjammer. Jooj headed back soon after. I stayed around to make sure the gals got back okay. They stayed 'til closing at 2am. At one point I was trying to collect them all. I turned to one of the guys and said "She's not going home with you. All these grrrls are coming with me." Hahaha!

I finally managed to get them out of there. I threw Caroline over my shoulder. Sarah had crumpled to the ground and Kevin was helping her. They were all a hot mess. Gawd bless them!

100% | 174.55 lbs. (???.? lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 16% (8 of 50) | 56.71% (207 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: