Friday, July 29, 2011

Isle of Palms - Day 5

Drink of the Day - The Jimmy & The Black Irish

Beautiful weather welcomed us yesterday morning upon waking. Yay! Pool time was followed by beach time. Beach time was followed by ocean time. Ocean time was followed by Jimmy time. Good company. Sweet snacks. Cold drinks. Chili brats. Bocce ball.

Later we headed over to Mike and Jeanie's house to meet the whole fam for appetizers and drinks. We stayed there for a couple of hours and headed back. Pat and I went up to Taste of Asia to pick up dinner for his fam and mine. After waiting 30 minutes during which we suffered through an episode of "Two and a Half Men" we were given our food and rolled home.

Except we were missing half our order. Super weak. I headed back to rectify the situation. When I walked in the grrrl said:

"Okay, one, you forgot your other bag. And two, you need to pay an additional $18.65."

To which I responded:

"One, I am not paying for this and two, I want you to cancel the original charge because I don't want you to have the $10 tip I gave you."

Their stupid-looking grins turned to shock pretty quickly. Ricky, the only authentic Asian in the joint, came out to work things out. I wasn't leaving there without my food and I was not paying for it. Ricky succumbed and threw in a 2 liter of Mountain Dew to boot.

We came back and Pat whipped up a drink he called the Black Irish. It was tasty! The grrrls were going out so I threw on TRON: Legacy. Believe it or not they all stayed in to watch the movie (although everyone was asleep at one point in the middle). I love those gals!

100% | 174.55 lbs. (???.? lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 16% (8 of 50) | 57.26% (209 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: