Saturday, July 30, 2011

Isle of Palms - Day 6

Drink of the Day - ??? (it was gone before I could find out... not that I was in any shape to drink that is)

My morning started at 2am with my wife and my niece playing doctor. No, no, no you freakin' perverts!!! You sickos! Jeez... LOL!

I woke up from a heart-attack nightmare to them standing over me. My breathing was frantic. My heart was racing. I was sweaty. I was freezing. My bones were killing me. My fingers tingled. I felt horrible. I honestly felt like Mr. Flu had come and taken a shit right on my brain. Nurse Leigh Anne was at a loss. Nurse Jooj isn't even a nurse. A bottle of water and a few baby aspirins later and I was left to suffer in my illness.

The night couldn't have crept any slower. Every round of chills shot my heart rate through the roof. Every heart rate spike made it that much harder to fall asleep. And when I coupled that with the wracking pain in my neck and shoulders and back and legs - well, I knew that sleep was going to be an impossibility.

Dawn broke. My body finally decided it was time to sleep. Seriously? Thanks, man. Great timing.

The day mostly sucked. I enjoyed what little time I had between naps with family. I was able to enjoy a little pool time. I was able to chill in the den a while. I was able to bond with Soos at the grocery store. I was able to enjoy dinner with everyone. I made it through The Big Lebowski before the Tylenol PM took my ass down.

The highlight of the day was seeing Katie, Lauren, and Leigh Anne playing "Discs of Tron" in the pool. Funniest thing I saw this whole trip. I would have believed it was a hallucination from my illness had Pat not captured a segment of it on video. Hilarious!

100% | 174.55 lbs. (???.? lbs.) | 0% (0 of 128) | 16% (8 of 50) | 57.53% (210 of 365) | 112/55 lbs.

No comments: