Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Barbarella

I have a memory as a child, a very wee lad, where I am watching one of the premium movie channels at my dad's friend Buddy's house (his buddy and his name is Buddy - convenient, no?). I see a trailer for a movie and I remember thinking "YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!" The only memory I have of it was a woman being attacked by what I remember to be giant bees while a man's voiceover commentates. I think it had something to do with space or aliens too.

Fast forward about 30 years...

Yesterday, the AintItCool.com Behind the Scenes Picture of the Day was a still shot from the movie Barbarella. I've heard of this movie over the years but have never taken the time to watch it. I've heard it panned and praised by different people. In my experience, that means I'm either going to love it or hate it. And I've just never invested the time into it. I'm a geek, yes, but I never checked "Watch Barbarella" off my Geek ToDo list.

Anyway, I dug around a little to find out more about the movie. I looked it up on IMDB. I looked it up on Wiki. I read the plot synopsis. Sounds like a fun, garbage sci-fi movie from the 70s (it was actually 1968). My search eventually led me to a trailer for the movie which I watched.

O

M

G

This was it. The voice? This was the voice. The woman? That was Jane Fonda! The bees? Those weren't giant bees - they were birds!!!

Barbarella was the movie that I wanted to see 30ish years ago. It is the movie that has always been at the back of my little mind whispering "YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!". It's going to be bad. It's going to be campy. But I must see it. And see it I will.

100% | 174.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 51.23% (187 of 365) | 112/55 lbs
I changed my workout around a bit. I'm doing 3 sets of 10 now and I removed the lat/deltoid workout

No comments: