Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Queen Rumblebee dings 50

**Full-blown Geek Alert Begin**

I've mentioned in posts before that I play the game City of Heroes. I've blogged about my main hero and my first level 50 character, Agent Hotspur, being a Hamidon raid leader. I mentioned in passing when my main villain, Doctor Obliteron, hit level 50. I'm a geek. What can I say?

Last night, my second character ever created, Queen Rumblebee, dinged 50! Normally there is much pomp and circumstance with such accomplishments. But last night I was only playing with one of my friends. And oddly enough, his connection had dropped so it was just me. I hadn't realized she was so close or else I would have made the push already.

You see, 50 is the level cap in City of Heroes. Once you hit 50 your progress, to some degree, is stopped. Any progression beyond that is not the leaps and bounds earlier experienced but is incremental and requires work. The makers of CoH have added bonus content and unlockable powers with new Issues and I will probably work towards reaching some of those. So this character is by no means retired. Rather she has reached the mountain's peak... and it is good.

Next in line, in this order, should be the butcherous Bozo the Butcher, the magical Scarecrow King, the fire-breathing Pyrannorsaurus Rex, the heroic Eddie the Yeti, and many others down the line.

**Full-blown Geek Alert End**

95.88% | 171.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 28.22% (103 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: