Friday, April 8, 2011

ear X-tacy

I walked into ear X-tacy tonight, the first time since they nearly shut down and were forced to relocate, and I was very sad.

I remember walking into Tower Records in Manhattan back in 2001. Everyone said that Tower Records was the premiere music store in the universe (well, that may be an exaggeration). I remember flipping through their selection. Walking up the stairs to the second floor. Checking out the scene. And I remember distinctly that the impression I got was that Tower Records only *wished* it could be as cool as ear X-tacy. And back then, that was probably true.

Not these days. Lo, poor ear X-tacy is but a shell of it's former self - a whisper of the great noise that was once ear X-tacy.

98 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 174 lbs. | 95.88% | 3.756% (7 lbs.)

No comments: