Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Easter I Will Never Forget

I woke up this morning with a raw stomach. And who does that really surprise? After eating what I ate yesterday and dumping so much caffeine down the gullet I was bound to have some stomach issues. I thought to myself, "I better take a Protonix. I don't want today to be one of *those* days!"

Well, before I could even do that it turned into one of *those* days.

I went down to the basement to let the dogs out and we were flooded. It was early in the seeping of water from the drain but water was on the move and on the rise. I was able to move everything out of the way but the water was coming quickly. I used the hose to try and dislodge what may or may not have been blocking it. I shifted the sump pump cover to see if I could determine a problem. I flipped circuit breakers. I wiggled pipes. Dad came over and ran through the same processes. Somewhere along the way we dislodged *something* and the pump cranked out water like it did another time this happened. Stressful morning, sure, but overall catastrophe averted.

Oddly enough, it was only minutes after my adrenaline had begun to dissipate that Jooj noticed the preliminary stage of an ant invasion in our den. Are you F'ing kidding me? I hadn't even digested the basement flooding victory and this was happening? We sprayed. We killed. We Swiffered. Sheesh!

And after all of this, we were still able to go to both Easter celebrations (albeit empty-handed) and spend a wonderful (rest of the) day with family on both sides. I love 'em all and was tickled to see so many loving members of my fam! Happy Easter!

100% | I HAVE NO IDEA NOR DO I CARE TODAY | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 31.23% (114 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: