Thursday, April 14, 2011

Your Highness, Blues, Poker, and Deploys

I went and saw the movie Your Highness last night with my cousin. I may seem juvenile saying this but I actually enjoyed it. It is a comedy set in a fantasy world. But it isn't making fun of the fantasy genre as much as it seems to pay homage to it. Imagine the sword and sorcery movies from the '80s with a punch of modern-day cursing and some humor and that's what Your Highness is. It's like Krull or Beastmaster or Clash of the Titans with a bunch of dick jokes and stuff. It may not work for everyone but it worked for me!

Sadly, the L'ville Blues ended the post-season losing out the to T'wolves. I had a great regular season run but in the end could not pull out a win during the post-season. However, finishing 3rd overall and 4th in the post-season is a good thing for my rookie year as an NBL coach and I'm looking forward to more.

My boss plays online poker. I used to play poker every week so he and I talk strategies sometimes. Well, he won a tournament that allows him to enter a mini-satellite tournament. This mini-satellite is giving out 75 seats to a satellite tournament on Sunday. So the top 75 players get automatic bids. That satellite tournament pays over $400K to the winner and pays money out to the 1980th player ($300). I'm excited for him!

Lastly, I'm beat. We've had three production deploys at work in three days. I think we're on schedule for another today. That's just insane. I need another vacation!

95.88% | 172 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 28.49% (104 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: