Thursday, April 28, 2011

Strep, my inner lesbian, Mario and the Princess, Lambda leader, and 5-year olds

Poor Jooj has strep. I feel bad for her. She's been a sick little grrrl this school year.

I listened to enough Ani Difranco today to get my inner lesbian all in an uproar. I want to go hate on some men and empower myself now. Grrrl power!

I was watching the news tonight and someone in St. Matthews was murdered - their first in 6 years. An eye-witness was briefly interviewed on the screen. His shirt caught my eye so I rewound the DVR. With Gawd as my witness I swear it was a t-shirt depicting Mario (of Super Mario Brother fame) giving it anally to Princess Peach. I shit you not. I watched it several times. Jooj saw it too and can testify. WTF? How the hell did that make it past the censors??? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Geek time! In CoH tonight I was the co-leader of my first Lambda run. There are two new trials that max level characters can run. I've been playing them pretty heavily this week. We wanted to join a team but no one was forming. So we formed our own and had a great run.

Lastly, and maybe even funnier than the Mario and Princess Peach t-shirt (but only *just*), I was online tonight playing CoH and we were standing around bantering about stupid stuff - just normal chatter. I'm a funny and friendly guy so I participate as often as I can. This particular exchange was particularly funny, albeit a bit darkly humorous (hilarious to me though). Please bear in mind that this is paraphrased. There was plenty of other chatting and I didn't have a way to save any of it:

Player #1: So how many 5-year olds do you think you could take on?
Player #2: At once?
Player #1: Yeah
Player #3: Can we fight dirty?
Player #1: Sure, if you mean dirtier than beating up 5-year olds.
Player #2: Hmm
(pause)
Me: All of them
(longer pause)
Player #1: That is an acceptable answer

I'm still LOL'ing over that :)

100% | 175 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 32.33% (118 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: