Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder

Jooj and I are watching this year's Thunder Over Louisville at the moment (on television - not live). I must say that I am very much enjoying the show this year. The musical selection seems very well-thought out and not the hodgepodge of country songs and pop. It's mostly movie and show themes mixed with some anthems. The fireworks seem very well coordinated this year and are quite impressive. This one is really fun to watch (I admit I'm not into it most years).

Thunder Over Louisville means that Derby is on the way. And Derby means that warm weather is on the way. Yay!

BTW, I've always heard that Thunder Over Louisville is the largest annual fireworks show in the North American. A few people (I now realize they may have been L'ville haters) over the years have scoffed at that notion. Well, according to the Interwebs, that statement is correct:

Thunder Over Louisville

100% | 174.5 lbs. | 0% (0 of 128) | 14% (7 of 50) | 29.04% (106 of 365) | 6.444% (12 lbs.)

No comments: