Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Triple Feature

Today I spent the day nursing myself back to health. And what better way to pass the time than to watch some movies. One movie led to the next and, before I knew it, I had three movies under my belt.

Iron Man 2 started the afternoon off. It wasn't as good as the first but it captured some of the heart. Robert Downey Jr. killed in it again. Don Cheadle stepped in and I didn't miss Terrence Howard. I could have done without Scarlett Johansen. She's never done it for me. It was dumb fun - nothing too difficult to digest.

Kick-Ass was next on the list. And it has been near the top of my list for some time. I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to enjoy this flick but enjoy I did. It's a funny little tale about a kid who decides he wants to don a mask and kick some ass - or get his ass kicked mostly, as it turns out. Chloe Moretz stole the show as Hit Girl. The movie was good but she turned it up to great. I don't know, there is just something about an 11-year old assassin chick that tickles my funny bone. I recommend it - but I'd only recommend it to a select few. It's violence and humor isn't for many. But those who would like it will LOVE it.

RockNRolla rounded out the night. I'm a big Guy Ritchie fan. And I like British gangster flicks. I loved Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and I loved Snatch. So I knew I'd like this one. It started heavy with introductions but I had faith that every plotline was heading towards a collision course. It had some gags, some great lines, and totally delivered on one helluva ending. I recommend it to anyone who likes Guy Ritchie. You know what you're getting into with his movies... and they don't let down.

60 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 171.5 lbs. | 73.15% | 5.693% (10.6 lbs.)

No comments: