Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm back ya'll

And that's a fact ya'll
And if you're messing with me
You're getting jacked, ya'll

(That sounds a lot better in my head than it reads)

I played soccer last night after a four-week layover (2 BYEs and 2 sick). It felt great. Sure, I'm paying for it now. My right calf feels on the verge of a cramp. My left elbow was stepped on. I took a shot that glanced off my left eye socket. My right elbow is scabbed. My knees are raw. Fun, right?

The game started off with two quick goals against us, 0-2. Before too long we found ourselves down 1-4. Shortly after halftime we had pulled to 4-6 but then they scored a quick goal to make it 4-7. We actually managed to tie the game up with 90 seconds left. And then, by some miracle, we scored again with only 20 seconds to go. After defending for a frantic 15 seconds we won, 8-7.

Edgar, my main Mexican was back. I haven't seen him or played with him in years. It felt good. So with Ahmed and Edgar back with me I really feel well protected. If we could convince Tony to come back... oh man, I'd have my Arabian, my Mexican, and my Italian. We'd be right as rain.

74 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 172.5 lbs. | 95.88% | 4.834% (9 lbs.)

No comments: