Sunday, March 27, 2011

L'ville Blues - My Fantasy Gambit

Over the past two weeks I've been battling in the semi-finals in Fantasy Basketball. Over the last week of this two week battle I identified deficiencies in my team and made the necessary add/drops to shore up certain weaknesses. I was playing last year's defending champ and over #2 in the league. I have come so close but I fear my gambit wasn't quite enough.

I was down in several categories. I found that I could catch up in steals. So I dropped some players and picked up the best stealers in the league. Then I noticed that I could possibly make a run for blocks. I dropped players and picked up Centers. In two nights I had a healthy lead on blocks. But try as I may, I just can't seem to strike the balance that I'll need to catch him. As I watch, and as the games wind down, I see the two of us switching off field goal percentage.

I have healthy leads on 3-pointers, steals, and blocks. He is destroying me in rebounds, double-doubles, and overall points. We keep trading off field goal percentage. He has an uncomfortable lead in free throw percentage.

Even if I keep my temporary lead in field goal percentage I fear my battle for free throw percentage is lost. I think I overloaded on Centers and it killed my chances over those two nights.

Live and learn. The L'ville Blues will be battling for 3rd starting tomorrow with my eyes on 1st next season!

86 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 172 lbs. | 95.88% | 4.726% (8.8 lbs.)

No comments: