Friday, January 27, 2012

Bad :( Different :|

Bad news. Bad deadlines. Bad workload. Bad hangover. Bad week.

This week hasn't been as bad as I let on. Yes, some bad news was discussed today. I cannot deny that. But other things haven't been so bad as things have been different.

Things have been different.

What do I mean by that?

It's, like, I'm just realizing how much things aren't the same anymore. And I'm not talking about the obvious stuff. Duh! The major changes in my life are always there. I'm talking about the small changes - the mundane changes - that are just different.

I don't go to my celebrity gossip sites any longer. No What Would Tyler Durden Do. No The Superficial. No I Don't Like You In That Way. I still read Ain't It Cool but not daily.

I don't play City of Heroes any longer. I can't explain this. I purchased a year membership. I dropped $100 on in-game credits. I've kept in loose touch with Ger, Toes, Thundarr, and Ms. Kactus. I sat down tonight to play and I only got as far as the login page. So close!

I don't watch my shows. No Grey's Anatomy. No Community (I hate that it got cancelled). No House. No Walking Dead (February 12th, are you here yet?).

I don't play soccer (Do I want to?). I don't skate (I want to). I don't run (I want to).

I don't bring lunch to work. Just stopped. Not even leftovers.

I don't paint. This is killing me.

I don't own a game system. No Wii. No Xbox 360. Gawd forbid a PS3! For the first time in... wow... since 1987... in 24 years I have not owned and regularly play a game console.  :o  This. Is. Seewius.

I don't respond to personal emails. I just haven't really given my email account any lovin' in months. Over 1000 emails unread... and these are all good ones that survived the Unsubscribe Purge of August 2011.

I don't get up at the crack of dawn anymore. My body just decided to stop waking up on its own at 7:20am. I'll regularly wake up a few minutes after 8am. May sound like a small difference but it messes with me a bit.

I don't get inspired. My comic idea is shot. Any space here at the house that would be suitable for painting is unsuitable. Period. I can't paint something beautiful when I'm constrained in a corner of a spare room like some antique afterthought.

I don't blog everyday. I have no New Year's Resolution holding me to it. Why bother? I do miss it. I feel like it helps me process the days.

It has been kind of a bad week too. Work has been sucking me like Penelope. I forgot to call the Radon people. I lost my car payment book (and missed my first car payment... winner != me). My buddy was sick and I hate that for him. The aforementioned bad news. I'm going to *not* go to the bank tomorrow and meet with Tom... I'm just done with this bad different week.

W: 173.6 lbs. | O: 1 flosses, 32 brushes| P: 55.41% (Visa), 51.15% (MC), 22.90% (BoA) | R: 0 miles

No comments: