Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm back... to normal?

I've been "out" for a while. I'm back now.

In my time gone I didn't finish my movie quest. New Year's Eve came. I was asleep - passed out on the couch and only waking at 1:43am to go to to bed. New Year's Day came. Subjugated. Interrogated. Confiscated. Monday off from work. Sat on the same spot of the couch. All. Day. Long. Back to work Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. Appointments. Phone calls. Develop. Deploy. Terrified. Black-bagged. Dungeons. Shake off the malaise. Get my ass in gear to get the house ready for its MLS Listing. House is on the market as of this weekend... GO BUY IT!!! Modern Family is such a fantastic show! Spending time with friends is also faaantastic. I'm a fucking general in iPhone Risk. I suck at Words With Friends. I'm trying out Hangin' With Friends. First normal day for weeks at work. Productive. Is the Alert Generator Tool reaching a finishing point? I dare say I believe so. I've been tinkering on that tool for a looong time. Pushing it will be, to borrow the phrase, a big win. Picked up my stuff. Taped up? Srsly? Did Jimmy the Retard get left all alone in a room with my computers and a tape gun? For fuck's sake!

Are things returning to normal yet? That's a loaded question, mate.

Let's talk about normal. What is that?

In traditional terms I suppose I should own a home, have a spouse, make two and a half kids, own some pets, drive a car, be a good little Joe Consumer, work hard at a job, watch primetime television... I dunno... what else?

Relativistically, whatever I do, however odd or mundane, on a daily basis qualifies as normal. If I eat ahi tuna for every meal, every day, that would be a "normal" thing to me. So what is normal in that respect for me? Waking up and showering. The drive to work. (I'm not counting the work day since my work day/load can never really be predicted day-to-day) Monday and Thursday morning apprehension. Gumbo Wednesday. The drive home. Fucking around with the iPhone. Watching hockey ;) Heartache. Harassment. Hellacious.

I'm babbling.

I suppose I feel about as far away from the word normal as can be. I am the chaotic to lawful. I am the neutral to good or evil. I am the Bahamut to Tiamat. I am the natural 20 to the failed saving throw. I am the high-level, dual-classed Ranger/Magic-User - driven mad by the the howling gale of the Windswept Depths of Pandemomium - wandering through the shadow forest realm of the Queen of Air and Darkness and her Unseelie Court as I search in vain for the final piece of the Rod of Seven Parts. I am the fucking Wand of Wonder. (Those are some bomb-ass D&D references there - hope you appreciate them, Future Self).

'Bama just beat LSU for the national championship. Roll tide.

No comments: