Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's Eve

No, not the movie New Year's Eve (although that looks like a cute movie... kik) - I'm talking New Year's Eve Resolutions for 2012.

I was asleep on the couch for New Year's Eve. No party. No smooch. No resolutions. Not even a drop to drink. One of those can be remedied right nao.

As is sometimes the case, whether I ever voice this fact or not (outside of my inner monologue and me), I will assign a codename... to just about anything... for no good reason. I am calling this year's set of resolutions WOPR (Geek reference alert! That was the name of the military supercomputer at NORAD in the movie Wargames who nearly started World War III when all he really wanted to do was play a nice game of chess!). They seem pretty straightforward too:

Weight. Keep it under 170 lbs. I'll weigh in each Monday morning.

Oral hygiene. I'm bad at it. And my teeth are weaklings. I already brush everyday but I need to do more. Floss more. Mouthwash more (and not just use it on the rare occasion of substituting for brushing). Floss 100 times! Brush twice a day!

Pay off. Pay off the Visa. Pay off the Mastercard. Pay off the loan. Period.

Run. Run 500 miles. I grew up running and it is part of me. I enjoyed it when I ran over the summer. And I want to run a mini.

WOPR. Boom. There you go.

No comments: