Friday, September 2, 2011

(Virtual) Circles of Friends

Just a quick note. This post is a little nerdy (Jooj, you can stop reading now). XD

You know how you have certain circles of friends in life? Like, maybe growing up, you would have your school friends, your neighborhood friends, your church friends, and your family friends. You are a member of each of those circles of friends. Sometimes, but not normally, those circles will commix. Maybe at a big birfday members from certain circles will come together. Sometimes it's weird seeing members of different circles mingle.

The same holds true as an adult. Two of these circles of mine mingled last night - the members of Red Team from the Twilight Avengers Super Group on City of Heroes and Thundarrr, an old buddy I used to run with from my old Super Group on City of Heroes, The International Ice Cream Truck Drivers and Firefighters. I have to admit - it was odd. Sure, these circles are more or less virtual circles, but the mingling was no different than seeing church friends and school friends or any other mixing of circles.

Thundarrr has admitted that not many of our older friends play much and he's been lonely. I may encourage him to apply to become a member of Twilight Avengers. I'd love to have him on Red Team with us. I do miss him. TA takes so much time that I just don't have time to split between my two virtual circles.

87.3% | 174.79 lbs. (174.0 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 67.12% (245 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: