Tuesday, September 13, 2011

City of Heroes - Issue 21: Convergence

I started playing City of Heroes between Issue 12: The Midnight Hour and Issue 13: Power and Responsibility back in June 2008. The last major update was Issue 20: Incarnates back on April 19th of this year. Today, Issue 21: Convergence launched along with the new game model, City of Heroes: Freedom.

I did my best to act like an average person until about 7:30pm when I alerted that wife that I was going to nerd out for the rest of the night. I logged on and BLRRRK! Servers were all down. I suppose my software deploys aren't the only deploys that fail from time to time. Anyway...

Logged onto the Ustream and watched those poor NCSoft employees in their 11th hour of broadcast. Poor guys. I didn't watch for all too long before, believe it or not, servers started coming back up.

Logged on. Went straight to the new zone First Ward. Within 20 minutes a team of Twilight Avengers (including myself) took down the new giant monster, the Seed of Hamidon. First takedown of Seed on the Guardian server. We rule!

The rest of the night I've spent just overwhelmed by all of the new content. I love this game!

87.3% | 174.77 lbs. (173.2 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 70.14% (256 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: