Friday, September 9, 2011

No More Double Spaces!

Stop reading my silly blog and go read Why you should never, ever use two spaces after a period. The article was written by Farhad Manjoo and was passed along to me by my buddy Debes from work (who types on a Dvorak keyboard - INSANE!).

Starting with this blog and continuing until the day I die I will never use another double space after the period in my sentence. I feel dirty even thinking about how long and hard I've utilized and defended the practice.

Why? Because it's wrong, plain and simple. What we were taught in school was a bad habit to accommodate inferior typesetting on a soon-to-be-antiquated machine. Go read the article if you need convincing. I was a strong proponent of it but no longer! I'm through!

I admit that every sentence during the entry ended with period-space-space-backspace. It's going to be a hard habit to break. But this new trick won't go untaught by this old dog.

87.3% | 174.78 lbs. (173.4 lbs.) | 16% (8 of 50) | 69.04% (252 of 365) | 102/55 lbs.

No comments: