Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vaudeville at Atherton High School

Who has two thumbs and actually *enjoyed* tonight's Vaudeville high school talent show? THIS GUY (I'm pointing my thumbs at myself... it'd be funnier if you could see me)!

Jooj and I went there specifically to see Kelsey and her Lady GaGa Fashion Show and ended up enjoying the entire show. The show started with a belly dancer and then right into an ongoing, Star Wars-themed skit that filled in between each act. It was designed to poke fun at the school and favorite teachers. It was quite clever. And since it was Star Wars-themed IT RULED!

Kelsey's fashion show kicked off the second half of the show after the intermission. I was so wired into making sure I videoed the silly thing that I don't really think I got a good idea of how well it went. I barely recognized Kelsey when she came out. Jooj said she looked fantastic. I do know that the crowd was responding very well to the show. I was proud of her and I had a pretty bouquet waiting for her.

The show was highlighted (besides the fashion show) by some killer rock acts. The kid playing Luke Skywalker in the skits rocked out during an acoustic solo. It may have been my favorite. The band Six Foot Fall absolutely killed it (loved the bassist in a Chewbacca suit and the drummer wearing Boba Fett's helmet). Kelsey's old friend Ashley did a great rendition of "Mandy Goes To Med School" from The Dresden Dolls. I got a kick out of a grrrl who busted out Super Mario Brother's theme song on the violin. And the show ended with a bang when a trio of percussionists banged on a slew of buckets, cans, and other things that go "blunk" when struck with drum sticks.

Good times! I'd love to do it again.

36 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 171.5 lbs. | 47.92% | 5.048% (9.4 lbs.)

No comments: