Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dead and Gone

Both the "old" PC and the "old, old" PC are dead.

The POS "old, old PC" is stuck in unrecoverable system software install. If there is anything left on the drive, and that's an iffy if, I'm not even sure how to reach it. I cannot reach Windows and cannot circumvent the installation process - which fails. She's a goner.

I had a little more hope for the "old PC". It is still infected with something so I was hoping that the drive, in fact, wasn't going out but rather it was heavily infected. After an hour-long scan, 17 malicious files were removed out of over 330,000. I started her up and - URRRRP - blue screen of death. Restart. Blue screen of death. Restart. Blue screen of death. Dead and gone.

I don't have the heart to try out the Bondi blue G3 Mac yet. I can only stand to put two PCs down in one day. Wish me luck in the coming week when I attempt to resuscitate that fossil from oblivion.

But there is new life on the way. Alienware is coming tomorrow. It departed Independence, KY yesterday. With any luck, I'll have it delivered and up and running before lunch.

44 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 172.5 lbs. | 47.92% | 5.619% (8.6 lbs.)

No comments: