Thursday, February 17, 2011

More mouths to feed

Well, the most amazing thing happened today. I noticed that the female bearded dragon, Pandora, was bone skinny this morning. She had previously been putting on some major weight. She not only lost her weight overnight but had "erected" a ridiculously large mound in the center of their terrarium. Long story short, I started digging around after work and uncovered two eggs. I saw the tops of possibly five more before putting everything back. I'm on a quest now to find an incubator before waiting too much longer.

Beardies can lay between 10 and 50 eggs in each clutch. Will is excited at the prospect of selling these little guys off to the pet stores. I'm excited about the prospect of the miracle of life happening on the second floor of my own home. I'm scared too. What if none of them make it? I want to take special care of these little guys. I'm excited and I'm terrified at the same time.

On a completely separate note, after utterly breaking my computer by messing with my video drivers I somehow am now up to date and ready to go. I swear, I did nothing to get to this point purposefully. Every step I took led to more mishaps. And I don't think I did anything differently this most recent time when it apparently worked. It just did. Just goes to show that with enough effort that square peg *will* go through that round hole.

48 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 173 lbs. | 66.11% | 6.767% (12.6 lbs.)

No comments: