Friday, February 11, 2011

5 Characteristics of a Successful Person

I came across a link today... 5 Characteristics of a Successful Person. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything but I feel I fit each of these characteristics. Not only do I fit them - I strive to exhibit these traits everyday. Thought I'd share...

1. Hustle
Nothing beats hustle. I don’t care how smart someone is, in my opinion, if they’re not willing to work their butts off they will not succeed long term.
This is actually one of the reasons I attribute to any success I’ve enjoyed in my career. You see, I have never been the smartest guy in the room… but, at least for the most part, I have rarely been out hustled by anyone. This has served me very well.

2. Get things done
The main reason the hustling person is so valuable is because they get things done. Instead of talking about problems or complaining about them… the hustling leader is actually attempting to do something about it.

3. Do what you say, and say what you do
Next, nothing is worse than making promises you cannot keep. So, if you say you are going to do something… do it. And if you don’t think you will be able to get something done, don’t say you will.

4. Fail better
Another attribute of the successful person is their willingness to fail. This is to say they are willing to challenge the status quo while not worrying about being wrong.
It also means that when they do meet a temporary setback – or failure – these people find a way through it. They don’t settle. They don’t quit. They are relentless. They are willing to fail better.

5. Think
Lastly, the successful person is always thinking. They’re constantly wondering why. They’re constantly searching for a better way. They challenge others and themselves by asking tough questions to tough problems. In short, because of their constant thinking they make others think.

42 of 365 | 12% (6 of 50) | 0 of 128 | 173 lbs. | 47.92% | 5.619% (8.6 lbs.)

No comments: