Thursday, March 11, 2010

"We're on our way to the hospital..."

This was what I said to dad when I called him last night. I'm Quentin Tarantino'ing this story of course. So, it all began after a crazy stressful late-night day at work.

I came home after a very, very long day at work. I was hungry and just wanted to come home. I walked in the door and boiled a dozen eggs. I took the eggs off the oven and was rinsing them with cold water. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Toby the cat kind of fall off the counter. I rolled my eyes over that clumsy cat. Just about that time I caught a whiff of something terrible. I looked across the room and noticed Toby limping. I scooped him up to comfort him and noticed the same smell coming from him. My brain quickly put everything together.

I called the vet hospital and rushed him over there. Yes, he had burned his paw. But it was fortunately not nearly as bad as it could have been. So we left there 90 minutes later. He was on pain killers and had a bandage boot on his foot. I came home in time to eat some boiled eggs and go to bed.

Sheesh!

No comments: