Monday, March 29, 2010

BIG day

There are so many things happening today. I can't even begin to go into any of them in detail. Here are some bullet points...

* Jooj turns 38 36 32 28!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOOJ!!!

* Kelsey gets her braces off today! I've never known her without braces. I'm so excited :)

* Genscape Biggest Loser winner is announced today. I had my final weigh-in and lost 5.8 pounds this week!!! Running on the treadmill in my garbage bag suit shed 3 pounds in 40 minutes. I went from 188.6 down to 164.2, losing 24.4 pounds or 12.94% overall in 12 weeks.

* Lala received her 1 year anniversary gift from Dillon (the 18" x 65" painting I just finished) and she loved it. I was so happy to see such a reaction from her. Dillon picked up some sweet souvenirs from Belize for me that are now prominently displayed in the living room. Here is to many more anniversaries you two!

* The big TV in the media room is giving us trouble. This isn't necessarily bad news because it may cost us as much to fix it as it would to replace it. Again, that is not necessarily bad news because a new TV is always something to get excited over (watching television *is* the new religion of the digital age, if you didn't already know that [but that is a topic in and of itself for another day])

* Lastly, and this actually happened yesterday, I saw the most amazing thing. I'll use a Dane Cook quote to lead into this one...

"Three weeks ago one of my dreams came true. I finally got to see something I always wanted to witness live. I finally saw someone get hit by a car... Nailed! "

I was in the parking lot of Kroger when this old guy started speed walking out of his car and past mine. Suddenly, the car next to me, driven by another old guy, shot backward and nailed this dude. The "victim" was lifted off the ground but quickly pivoted his hand against the trunk and pulled some kind of Dukes of Hazzard move where he just slid over the back of the car. And then, much to both mine and the other driver's amazement, the old speed walker just kept on trotting to Kroger. Amazing!

No comments: